Mountains, Trekking on ice, the frozen Zanskar River, on an average five to seven hours daily at an easy pace. But a reasonable degree of physical fitness is needed to sustain walking for nine days during winter
conditions.The trek commences from the village of Chiling located not far from the confluence of Indus and the Zanskar River. The trek follows the river gorge through a spectacular landscape, a photographer’s paradise,offering occasional sightings of wildlife. Although pleasant on clear, sunny days, the weather conditions can change abruptlywith winds & temperatures falling up to minus 20 to 25 degree Celsius.
January to February : This is the time when the upper layer of the Zanskar River freezes. The river looks like a sheet of ice; hence, it is referred in the local language as ‘Chadar’.
After the breakfast visit Leh SNM hospital for medical check up and to get a medical certificate. Overnight in Leh
Today is the last day of this amazing unique trek. We finally return back to the road head where our vehicle will be waiting to take us back to our hotel at Leh. A huge goodbye to the supporting staff, thrie absolute dedication and support is
nothing short of amazing. Finally on reaching Leh the hotel room of Leh after some 8 days is most welcome, yet the
experiences of this ice trek linger and will be remembered forever. Overnight at Leh.
Tour concludes. Travel To Himalaya thank you for your patronage and ensure a punctual transfer to Domestic Airport to catch flight to Delhi.
● Stay in alpine / Dome tents on double
triple/quad sharing basis on day 4,
day5, day6, and day7
● Common kitchen / Dining / toilet
tents will be used during the trek
● Cooks / Helper and other requisite
● Cost of transport , meals and stay if
in case you leave the trek in between
and return to leh before the
scheduled arrival on day8
● There is no centralized heating and
portable heater provided.
● Anything not mentioned in the
● Backpack (Min60 Ltr ) with Rain
● Gum Boots
● 4 Pair of full sleeve shirt/t-shirt and
track pants( 1 should be
● 4 pair of cotton socks , 3 pairs of
● 2 full sleeves sweater
● One heavy down jacket, thermal
● 2 pair waterproof hands gloves, 2
pair woolen gloves,sun cup,one scarf
● Light towel, lip balm, cold
cream,Hand lamp or torch with
fresh pair of batteries, personal toilet
kit and toilet paper, personal
● Dark sunglasses ( u/v protected)
● Walking stick ( at least one0
● People who wear spectacles-should
avoid contact lenses and use
photochromic glasses instead.